Curso — Medieval Codicology and Palaeography
Responsável — Anna Somfai
Data — 15 a 20 de Julho 2013
Local — Central European University, Bucareste, Hungria
Inscrições até 15 de Fevereiro de 2013.
“The aim of the one-week course is to provide practical training in the basic skills of Latin and Greek palaeography, combined with lectures on selected issues in codicology and diplomatic based on a new approach toward manuscript studies and the latest trends in research. The course includes visits to manuscript holding libraries and archives.
- The palaeography seminars provide practical training in Latin and Greek palaeography at an intermediate level, focusing on transcribing various scripts across broad chronological and geographic areas and dealing with issues such as recognition of script and dating of hand. Seminars will run in two parallel options: Latin book hand and diplomatic hand and Greek book hand and diplomatic hand.
- The lectures on codicology and diplomatics given by the faculty complement and contextualize the practice of the intensive transcription seminars.
- que reconheçam características das diversas tipologias alfabética uncial e minúscula, bem como de convenções gráficas como abreviaturas, ligaduras e nomima sacra;
- Visits to manuscript holding libraries and archives will facilitate contact with manuscripts in the original.
- Small group sessions will facilitate students with the opportunity to discuss individual research and specific questions with various faculty members in small groups.
- A practical palaeography test on the last day will serve as a way to test the knowledge acquired during the course. The test will include the transcription of a Latin or Greek text (photocopied facsimile), recognition of script, the description of the characteristics of the script and approximate dating of hand.”O Curso destina-se a estudantes de Mestrado e Doutoramento e a jovens investigadores. Os candidatos devem ter algum domínio do latim e/ou do grego e conhecimentos básicos de paleografia.
Programa e informações adicionais (incluindo possibilidades de apoio financeiro) em http://www.summer.ceu.hu/codicology-2013